Your privacy is critically crucial for us. At Zeefa Technologies, we have a few fundamental principles:
We are concerned about the personal information that we request you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you during the operation of our services.
We store personal information for only if we have a reason to keep it.
We strive for full transparency on how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the people at Zeefa Technologies. We're passionate about WordPress, Magento, Digital Marketing, SEO and SMO and offer hosting platforms for sites running on WordPress and Magento.
Following we define how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have concerning that information.
Creative Commons Share-alike License
Information We Collect:
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to make our services better. We collect information in three ways: when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information that you provide to us and the amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
Basic Account Information:
We ask for basic information from you to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Zeefa Technologies account to provide a username, email address, password, phone number, company/organization (if applicable), credit card, and billing information (as described below).
Transaction and Billing Information:
As our services require a fee, during sign up you provide additional personal and payment information that is necessary to process the transaction and your payments, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also collect the information you provide to us when you renew your subscription or change plans such as your name, email address, account ID, and subscription details.
*Note: We do not store your credit or debit card information.
Communications with Us:
You may also provide us information when you communicate with our customer service team about a support question or submit a sales inquiry form.
Any Other Information You Provide to Us:
You may also provide us with information in a few other situations such as in person at events and conferences, or when you provide us with information about your site to build or migrate your site onto Zeefa Technologies.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We also collect some information automatically:
Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, and operating system.
We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that you perform through your Zeefa Technologies website management portal–in other words, who did what, when, and to what thing. We also collect information about what happens when you use our services (e.g., page views and features enabled for your website). We use this information to, for example, provide our services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our services, so we can make our services better.
We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information from Cookies & Other Technologies:
HOW AND WHY WE USE INFORMATION
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to host and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Zeefa Technologies and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about Zeefa Technologies offers and promotions offered by Zeefa Technologies and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, respond to your sales and support inquiries, or keep you up to date on Zeefa Technologies and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide product or service recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based because:
- The use is necessary to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, to allow you to host your website using our Services or charge you for a paid plan
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- The use is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Affiliates, Employees, and Independent Contractors:
We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g., by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments to share information with them.
We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about Zeefa Technologies users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
To Protect Rights, Property, and Others:
We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Zeefa Technologies, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that Zeefa Technologies goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would likely be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party.
With Your Consent:
We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information:
We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services, and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
Published Support Requests:
And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to Zeefa Technologies’ websites, such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period too, among other things, analyze traffic to Zeefa Technologies’ websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Opt-Out of Electronic Communications:
You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies:
Currently, Zeefa Technologies does not respond to "do not track" signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Zeefa Technologies’ websites, with the drawback that certain features of Zeefa Technologies’ websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Close Your Account:
While it will be very unfortunate to see you leave if you no longer want to use our Services you can close your Zeefa Technologies account. Please bear in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
As per the European General Data Protection Regulation also known as the "GDPR", data protection laws give you rights concerning your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data
- Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Zeefa Technologies Limited 130 Old Street, London, England EC1V 9BD UK
In the case of US-based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
If you'd like to use third-party plugins or other third-party software, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself (or your site visitors) to those third parties. We don't own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about the collection, use, and sharing of information, which you should review.
Visitors to Our Users' Websites